The ultimate list of chapter book series for girls who love fairies and fairy tales! Great for elementary aged girls who love adventure, mystery, and fantasy fiction. This post contains affiliate links. This means that if you purchase from one of these links, not only are you getting a great product (because I only recommend things that I love), but you are also helping to support this blog, at no additional cost to you! (Your cost is the same, but I may receive a small commission.)Please check out my disclosure policy for more details.
10 Chapter Book Series for Girls Who Love Fairies and Fairy Tales
My eight year old daughter loves to read. (She got that from her Momma. 😁 ) Also like me, she loves to find a great book series so she can hang out with the characters for a while longer. Luckily for us, we have a great public library system, and have discovered some awesome book series for elementary aged girls! Her favorite genres are mysteries, historical fiction, and fantasy books… but her favorite books include fairies and fairy tale characters!
If you know a young girl who also loves fairies and fairy tales, check out our ten favorite book series below!
Chapter Book Series for Girls Who Love Fairies
1. Rainbow Magic Fairies by Daisy Meadows: There are several mini-series within the Rainbow Magic Fairies series. Some of these include the Rainbow Fairies, Jewel Fairies, Sports Fairies, and Pet Fairies. Basically any type of fairy you can imagine. 🙂 This was the series that started my daughter’s obsession with fairies! Though she is now at a more advanced reading level, she still counts these books as her favorites, and loads up on them when we visit our local library. She says she loves them because not only are they about fairies, but they are funny. Her favorite series is the Princess Fairies, because “they keep peace in the world.” (Age range 4-8 years. Grade level preschool-3rd.)
2. Disney Fairies by various authors: This series features Tinker Bell, her fairy friends, and their many adventures. There are 23 books in this series. I have picked up several of them at Goodwill, but have many more to find if she wants all 23 books in the series! (Age range 6-9. Grade level 1-4.)
3. The Fairy Bell Sisters by Margaret McNamara: These books are about the adventures of Tinker Bell’s five little sisters! My daughter loves that these books are about sisters, and says that they show their love for each other in their stories. (I think she feels like she has missed out on something by only having brothers.😢) (Age range: 6-10 years. Grade level 1-5.)
4. The Never Girls by Kiki Thorpe: The Never Girls tell the adventures of four young girls who are magically whisked away to Pixie Hollow. This series also features the Disney Fairies. (Age range 6-9 years. Grade level 1-4.)
5. The Fairy Godmother Academy by Jan Bozarth: Human fairy godmothers are trained in a magical land called Aventurine. Each book in this series is the story of a different girl attending the fairy godmother academy. My daughter has books in all of these fairy series, and she says that this set is her second favorite (behind the Rainbow Magic Fairies). She says that the books are very descriptive, and that the girls in them are brave, go on exciting adventures, and discover their talents (and some even discover their heritage). (Age range 8-12 years. Grade level 3-7.)
Chapter Book Series for Girls who Love Fairy Tales
6. Little Legends by Tom Percival: Jack (and the beanstock) Little Red Riding Hood, and a host of other young fairy tale characters live in Tale Town and have many new adventures together! This is one set of books that we recently discovered, but my daughter has not read yet. Their description reminded me of a the Grimmtastic Girls series that my daughter loves, but at a slightly lower reading level. (Age range 7-10 years. Grade level 2-5.)
7. After Happily Ever After by Tony Bradman: The continued stories of your child’s favorite fairy tale characters…after their “happily ever after” ending. Includes Little Red Riding Hood, Goldilocks, Cinderella, her Fairy Godmother, the Wicked Stepmother, and many more! They look hilarious – as an example, in Mr. Wolf Bounces Back, the Big Bad Wolf no longer feels right about being the neighborhood bully, now that he has three cubs of his own… (Age range 8-12 years. Grade level 2-3.)
8. Whatever After by Sarah Mlynowski: This series is a contemporary twist on traditional fairy tales. Ten year old Abby and her seven year old brother are transported into fairy tales such as Snow White, Cinderella, The Little Mermaid, and more, and their interference completely changes the stories! These books are full of adventure and mystery…and are hilarious. My daughter ranked this series as her third favorite! (Age range 8-12 years. Grade level 3-7.)
9. Grimmtastic Girls by Joan Holub & Suzanne Williams: Cinderella, Red Riding Hood, Snow White, and other fairy tale characters attend Grimm Academy, a school set up by the Grimm brothers. (One review of this series compared this setting to a beginners Hogwarts.) These books contain mystery and adventure, and give a different twist to well known fairy tales. (Age range 8-12 years, Grade level 3-7.)
10. The Sisters Grimm by Michael Buckley: Two sisters find themselves abandoned and sent to live with their grandmother, who lives in a magical town where fairy tale characters and humans live side by side. The girls discover that they are descendants of the Brothers Grimm, and become the newest members of a line of fairy tale detectives. This is the other set on this list that my daughter has not yet read. However, they are right up her alley! When I found them on Amazon, I had her read the description of the series, and she was excited to check them out! (Age 8-12 years. Grade level 3-7.)
If browsing through ten series seems a little overwhelming, start your search here! Below are my daughter’s top three favorite book series:
If your child loves reading stories about fairies and fairy tale characters, I hope this list gives you some new series to consider! My eight year old daughter has read and enjoyed many of the books in these series, so I have it on good authority that your child will love them, too!
Looking for more gift ideas? Find all of my gift guides here! (Toy and non-toy gifts, gifts for kids who like to read, write, draw, craft, build, experiment, etc! Even some gift ideas for Moms!)